Jquery Cycle DotNetNuke

May 17, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Please for give my ignorance here.. I'm quite new to using modules in DNN.

Can someone tell me how to specify what images to rotate. It looks like it is rotating all the images in the /Portals/0/  (contains alot of misc. images)

I tried to put a folder in there named rotate... /Portals/0/rotate/, that had two images, but I get the following error: 

The folder you have chosen does not exist.

Change the folder in the Settings for the module.

I have a set of images I would like to rotate... just cant figure out how to specify them.

Any suggestion or resolution to this is greatly appreciated.

May 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hello..

The first portion with the portal folder and the portal number should already be entered for you.  In the text box, you should just enter, "rotate", correct?  So the final textbox folder location should read: /Portals/0/rotate

If the system is reporting that the folder doesn't exist, then it's possible that you didn't use File Manage to create the rotate folder and you need to resync the portal root folder.  Resync the portal root folder and then try entering the folder name again.

If this still doesn't work, then we'll work on getting something set-up so I can log in and take a look.

Thanks..

May 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi Spook,

Thanks so much for the quick response. Yes.. your right, I didn't use the file Manage to create the folder. Went back and did that, created the folder, uploaded two images to it, refreshed/resync'd the files, and restarted the application. Put the folder location as /Portals/0/rotate.

Still seeing the error as noted earlier.  I'm sure this is do to my lack of knowledge and probably not your module. Learning this as I go. If you can email me at

phantomlady@frustrated-inc.com and I can get you the login information to see what I am experiencing. 

Thanks for your patience as I stumble through this.

May 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Are you able to access the folder with an ftp client like filezilla?

May 18, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Gave that a shot, noticed when i created in the File manager it put it in /portals/default ... took ftp and copied that folder to /portals/0 ... works now.

Thanks for your help. Learning more day by day... lets see how far i can go, before i bug ya again.

Gratefully

May 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hi again,

I did get the module working well, but I do have one more question for you. Last night while I was working on it, somehow I was able to edit/access the text/html holder for the images (at least I think I did - was around 2 am when I was seeing this- I went in again this morning to move the module to the correct page (was testing setup on a different page) I moved the module and checked the settings to be sure all was good. I was trying to figure out how i gained access to the individual images (in the text/html modules) that are makeup in the rotation. Forgive me, it was late and I really am not sure how I got into those deeper modification areas - other than the Carousel Settings option.  I was wondering if you could tell me how to get back to where it shows the images? 

Forgive me for my cryptic description, yesterday was a very long day.

Thanks again for your patience.

May 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I'm not clear on what you are describing.  Can you post a a link to a screen capture of the edit screen you are referring to?

May 19, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Heck I'd luv to, but i cant seem to get back to it ... maybe it was a different rotating module... No clue at the moment... was very late... Ill try this weekend to recreate what i did and let you know if I get back. 

I do have a side question, kinda off topic, but you might be able to clue me in on this if ya don't mind. What happen to the DNN core modules (iframe, FAQs, Blog, etc, ? I cant seem to find em in extensions - install section...did they move em somewhere new in 6.1.5? Can ya tell me how to get to em? 

Thanks so much for your support.

May 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ignore the off topic question.. figured that one out.

Still not sure how I did what I did.  The adventure continues...

Thanks again for your patience.

May 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I do know DNN comes with a "banner" container.  Simply adding a HTML module to a page, setting this as it's container, allows you to create a rotating images area.  I'm wondering if you were doing some testing and had a module such-as this configured.

Otherwise, there isn't a text/html setting nor anything like that with this module.

Hope all is working out for you..

May 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I believe you are on to something, I was looking at the banner container... I believe I confused it with your module. My bad. 

Thanks again for all the help, things are moving along well at the moment.

=)