Cycle carousel module disapperaing below other modules!

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I love this module and this may not be the module causing the problem, but I do not get this error with the Will strohl content slider.

What happens is, on page refresh (not first visit) the other modules in the page ignore the content slider and attach themselves to the header as if the slider isn't there!

The problem can only be replicated by refreshing the page!

Visiting from another link on the site will not produce the error!

The issue can be seen at; http://detonation.co.nz.dnnmax.com/cbs/WALLS/tabid/202/Default.aspx in chrome or most browsers!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I'm not sure if I've ever seen this.  But, there isn't an overly large number of photos, so I don't think that's it.

Maybe without a width/height set for the pictures, the browser isn't displaying them properly.  Try setting the width/height and see if that resolves the issue.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM

OK, setting a min-width for the div in the style sheet overcomes the overlapping items issue...

How do I do this in themosule settings please?  What is teh syntax?  I have tried height: 501px, width: 300px,   but it places the two images on top of oneanother on the screen - both are visible and not "fading!"

And I have another issue, in IE9 and Firefox, I often and intermitently get tiny thumbnail images as the image loads instead of the full size image!

I though the min-height would sort that out but alas....'

Could this be cache related?

it also happened with the Will Strohl image slider so I am beyond trying.... please help if possible...

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Ok, I think I figured the syntax out : 

width: '300x501',

does that sound right?

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Doh!

I have just found the latest discussion thread, downloaded ver 1.2summin and all is good!!!

Thank you soo much for a brilliant module...

One thought.... how about an apply to all select box for the borders and padding etc?

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM
clivek wrote:

Doh!

I have just found the latest discussion thread, downloaded ver 1.2summin and all is good!!!

Thank you soo much for a brilliant module...

One thought.... how about an apply to all select box for the borders and padding etc?

That's good to hear.  Glad it's working for you.

Thank you; I can't take full credit for it.  But, I was just looking for a module to rotate images with the option of seasonal type of change-overs.  Since this had the full source code, I just made the needed changes for my needs, added some requested updates and uploaded.

I think the way I have everything coded, if you put "10px" for the top border width, the padding statement will say "padding: 10px"; which in essence puts a 10px padding around everything.  I don't believe I have it coded as "padding-top: 10px;".  I'll double-check though to make sure.